The released AMD Memory Tweak Tool has turned into a pretty useful alternative to modding the BIOS. The latest AMD Memory Tweak XL technology allows you to easily change the temporary memory settings, memory straps or PowerPlay table on the fly, as well as access ADL Overdrive and MMIO Register Control on newer AMD video cards based on GDDR5 / HBM memory. This means that you can change the settings and apply them directly, as well as check how they will affect performance and stability, the changes are not permanent, and as soon as there is any problem, you can easily return to the default values.
- GDDR6 Based AMD GPU’s (ADL)
- GDDR5 Based AMD GPU’s (ADL & MMIO)
- HBM / HBM2 Based AMD GPU’s (ADL & MMIO)
- Vega10 (PowerPlay & Strap Control)
- Polaris (Powerplay & Strap Control)
- Navi10 (PowerPlay «Read from Vbios & Registry, Write to Registry», Strap Control)
- One or more AMD Radeon GPU’s
- Adrenaline (Verified working on 19.7.2)
- Windows has to be in Test Mode (AMDMTXL will ask for it) due to custom driver
- Common sense
- MMIO Register Control (Read/Write) GDDR5/HBM/HBM2
- ADL Overdrive (Read/Write) Latest Overdrive Versions supported
- PowerPlay Control (Read/Write) Polaris, Vega10, Navi10
- Strap Control (Read/Write/Decode/Encode) Polaris, Vega10, Navi10
- Import/Export all values
- PowerPlay Voltage in readable format & small issue fixed
- Added more Powerplay options (Voltage fun)
- Changed how you view memory frequency on Navi (Real frequency)
- Bug fixes of course
- Tested on latest drivers (Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1)
- and then some..
Mainly bug fixes.
Extensively tested on Windows 10 with all latest drivers starting from 19.7.1 Don’t go crazy on timings
If you still experience issues after having tried an older version. Remove old driver, reboot and try again c:windowssystem32driversAmdGpuTweak.sys
- Direct Strap Injection
- PowerPlay Control (Read from Vbios/Registry, Write to Registry)
- ADL Overdrive
Turn OFF test mode button added.
- Fixed NullReferenceException bug on start
- Small bugfixes
First beta release of AMD Memory Tweak XL