NBMiner v24.2 Crypto GPU (Nvidia) Miner for GRIN, AE, SERO, BTM, ETH, SWAPmining. The program for mining Bytom, Ethereum and Green on Nvidia video cards.
Full list of available versions: https://cool-mining.com/tag/nbminer/
Changelog NBMiner v24.2
- Disable auto-switch from cuckaroo -> cuckarood
- Slightly improved RTX2060 performance on Grin29 under win10
- Fixed a problem with a crash on startup in some Linux distributions.
- A new option has been added, –generate-config to create a sample configuration file.
- Support Windows & Linux.
- Support backup mining pool configuration.
- SSL connection to mining pools.
- Dev Fee:
- tensority_ethash 3%
- tensority(Pascal) 2%, tensority(Turing) 3%
- ethash 0.65%
- cuckaroo & cuckarood & cuckatoo & cuckoo_ae & cuckaroo_swap 2%
- progpow_sero 2%
- Nvidia Driver Version 377+
- Windows or Linux x64
- GPU Nvidia
First, consider the options for the fastest launch, and then move on to a detailed review of all the commands and features of this program. For the quickest start, it will be enough:
- Download NBMiner
- Unzip to any convenient place
- Change wallet to your own in a file with the extension .bat
The archive with the program contains ready-made examples for Grin, Ethereum + Bytom, a configuration file, as well as instructions in Russian.
OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2 – tablet (patch) for video cards with GDDR5X memory to maximize the hashrate.
open_web_monitor – html file for monitoring the program through the Web interface.
NBMiner quick start examples
- Edit file «grin-f2pool.bat»
- Change the username from the pool.
The program starts by double-clicking on the file with the extension .bat
Let’s now look at the setting in more detail.
- nbminer – The name of the program to run.
- -a cuckarood – specify the algorithm for the mined coin.
- –o stratum+tcp://grin29.f2pool.com – after the construction -o stratum + tcp: // specify the address of the pool.
- :13654 – put a colon and indicate the port of the pool
- -u rgz – after the -u switch, specify the wallet address or login on the pool. The wallet can be opened at any convenient and safe exchange, or put an official wallet from a coin.
- .default – put a dot and indicate the name of the farm (any)
- : x – put a colon and specify a password (usually not required, so x)
- -long-format – print program operation log
- -log – create a log file with the name log_.txt.
- -di 24 – indicate the intensity of the program (for dual mining)
A ready-made example of what we ended up with for the Grin coin using the cuckaroo29d algorithm
nbminer -a cuckarood -o stratum+tcp://grin29.f2pool.com:13654 -u rgz.default:x -long-format -log -di 24
Example for Ethereum + Bytom dual mining:
nbminer -a tensority_ethash -o stratum+tcp://btm.f2pool.com:9221 -u 0x0034335cc77e2e2b84c53683ef96c25e1486d5f3.dmdefault -do ethproxy+tcp://eth.f2pool.com:8008 -du 0x360d6f9efea21c82d341504366fd1c2eeea8fa9d.dmdefault -log -di 16
How to start NBMiner
You can run the program by double-clicking on the file with the desired coin and with the extension .bat
- ALGO: cuckarood – the program reports the algorithm we have selected
- URL: stratum+tcp://grin29.f2pool.com:13654
- USER: rgz.default:x – login, worker and password
- ID 0: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11264 MВ, CC 61 – device to be used and its temperature.
- Logging in to grin29.f2pool.com:13654 – attempt to establish a connection to the pool
- Login succeeded – connection successful
- New iob from grin29.f2pool.com, ID: 71057520, DIFF: l.00 – pool sent a new job for video cards
- #1 Share accepted, 3614 ms. [DEVICE 0] – the first ball is accepted (share of work). You need to understand that the miner receives a reward for the sent balls.
- 0: 4.15 h/s – hash rate
Also, information on the cryptocurrency mining process can be viewed through the web interface. To do this, double-click the file open_web_monitor
- farm status – online
- total program run time
- user, worker and password
- pool address and port
- statistics on video cards (hashrate, temperature, consumed power, fan speed, acceleration, core load, acceleration memory, memory load)
- pool statistics (difficulty, ping, accepted and not accepted balls)
For completeness, we will cover all possible command line arguments.
Command line arguments
If two commands are presented per line, then only one needs to be entered. The second is its synonym. Example: -h, –help are the same thing. Enter either -h or –help.
-h, --help -Displays help.
-v, --version -Displays program version information.
-c, --config – Use json format configuration file instead of command line options.
Connection parameters for the pool:
-a, --algo Choose an algorithm, tensority for BTM, ethash for Ethereum, cryptonightv8 for XMR and cuckarood for Grin.
-o, --url Pool URL
- BTM: stratum+tcp://btm.f2pool.com:9221 - BTM с SSL: stratum+ssl://btm.f2pool.com:9443 - ETH: ethproxy+tcp://eth.f2pool.com:8008 - ETH с NiceHash: ethnh+tcp://daggerhashimoto.eu.nicehash.com:3353
--user Wallet address or username on the pool.
- Формат: [username|wallet].workername:password - Пример: bm1xxxxxx.worker myusername.worker:password
-o1, --url1 Address for backup pool 1.
-u1, --user1 Username for backup pool 1.
-o2, --url2 address for backup pool 2.
-u2, --user2 Username for backup pool 2.
For dual mining:
-di, --secondary-intensity Relative intensity for ETH in dual mining. Recommended: 8 – 24, default 16.
-do, --secondary-url The address of the ETH pool in dual mining.
-du, --secondary-user ETH username for dual mining.
-do1, --secondary-url1 url address for the backup ETH pool for dual mining.
-du1, --secondary-user1 Username for the backup ETH pool for dual mining.
-do2, --secondary-url2 url address for the reserve pool 2 ETH with dual mining.
-du2, --secondary-user2 Username 2 for dual mining.
--temperature-limit Set the temperature limit of the video card, if it exceeds the specified one, the program will stop the video card for 10 seconds and check whether the card has cooled below the specified value. If yes, then mining will continue, if not, the pause will be extended. Example: –temperature-limit 75 means that when the temperature reaches 75 °, the program will start to pause and check every 10 seconds if the temperature has dropped to restart.
-i, --intensity Specify a comma-separated list of intensities for maps
--cuckoo-intensity Set the intensity of cuckoo, cuckarood, cuckatoo, [1 to 12] algorithms. A value of 0 means automatic adaptation. Default: 6.
--cuckatoo-power-optimize Set this option to reduce the range of power consumed by the farm when mining using the cuckatoo algorithm. Warning: setting this option may lead to a decrease in mining performance.
--log Create a log file named log_ .txt.
--log-file Create your own log file. Note: this option will override ‘–log’.
--long-format Use the magazine format “yyyy-mm-dd-hh”
--RUN, --no-watchdogDisable watchdog timer.
--no-nvml Do not request cuda device health state when using ssl connection.
--reboot-times Reboot if the watchdog reports an error several times.
--no-color Do not use color output in the console.
--fidelity-timeframe Set timeframe for calculating accuracy, unit of measurement per hour. Default: 24.
--device-info Show detailed information for each connected device.
--device-info-json Show detailed information for each connected device in json format.
-d, --devices Show the list of video cards to use. Format: “-d 0,1,2,3” for using the first 4 GPUs.
--strict-ssl Validate certificate using SSL connection.
-api Host and port for servicing the REST API.
--grin29-fork-height Change “height” to check if the algorithm changes automatically when grin29 makes a hard fork. Default: 262080
Solution of problems
The program crashes or does not start
If the program does not work stably or crashes, then you need to increase the virtual memory of the system:
We expose the page file in the system
Control Panel All elements of the control panel System – Advanced system settings – Advanced tab, then Options, again Advanced tab.
We find the Virtual memory settings, click Change. Remove a tick from the item “Automatically select the size of the swap file” and put checkbox “Specify size”. Specify the desired size in MB (Example for 6 cards – 45000). Click on the Set button. Reboot the farm.
Failed to login mining pool, please check mining pool username
The connection parameters to the pool are incorrectly specified in the username key (pool login or wallet address)