This post is also available in: Русский
NVIDIA NVFlash is used to flash the video card BIOS on Turing, Pascal, and on all old NVIDIA cards. This is a fixed half-version of NVFlash.
On Turing cards, NVFlash no longer allows you to redefine the message “board ID mismatch” via command line parameters, so flashing RTX Founders Edition cards with non-standard BIOS is no longer possible.
In this way, Vipeax modified the official NVFlash binary to get around this error. You do not need to enter any additional parameters to bypass the board ID verification.
NVFlash supports BIOS flashing on NVIDIA graphics cards:
- GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 2080, RTX 2070, RTX 2060, GTX 1660, GTX 1650
- GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GTX 1080, GTX 1070, GTX 1060, GTX 1050 and much more, including flashing BIOS on older NVIDIA GPUs.
Before flashing, make a backup copy of the current BIOS of the video card using:
nvflash --save backup.rom
To update the video card BIOS, use:
- Added support for GeForce GTX 1650 Super and other recently released NVIDIA cards
- Adds support for Turing GPUs
- Adds support for Tesla V100-FHHL-16GB
Added support for:
- Tesla V100-DGXS-32GB
- Tesla V100-PCIE-32GB
- Tesla V100-SXM2-32GB
Added ability to dump VBIOS for notebooks without discrete GPU EEPROM