This post is also available in: Русский
Changes in v0.7.17
- BETA: Added fan control, see –help section or USAGE.txt. Enable with –fan_control.
- Fixed deadlock bug that could happen when using multiple pools with the failover strategy.
- Added option for not sending stale shares (see –no_stale_submit).
- Added watchdog check for early gpu init hangs.
- Added example watchdog scripts for win/linux.
This release supports a number of algorithms optimized for AMD GCN GPUs (ethash, kawpow, nimiq, lyra2z, phi2, lyra2rev3, x16r, x16rv2, x16s, x16rt, MTP, cuckarood29, cuckatoo31, chukwa-512, cryptonight R8, many a cryptonight R8 other cryptography options).
This is an optimized miner for AMD graphics cards only. The miner is configured only through a batch file (file with the .bat extension). You do not need to configure the configuration (there is auto-tuning).
teamredminer.exe— indicates which application will be launched. This file must be in the same folder as the .bat file
-a kawpow— we indicate the algorithm for mining. For Ravencoin, we indicated cnr, and for example, for Zcoin, we would indicate mtp
us.rvn.minermore.comafter the long construction -o stratum + tcp: // we specify the address of the pool
:4501— after specifying the pool address, put a colon and write the pool port. The address and port can be found on the pool itself. Usually under Get Started or Help
-u RKAeArXkWLNERjWo5YF3R1xFnYCwKf11sX— we indicate the wallet to which mining will go. In our case, this is Ravencoin.
-p x— the p command means password. The minermore pool (as well as 90% of all pools) does not require a password, so we write x
pause— optional command. It is only needed so that the program does not immediately close in case of any error, but displays it.
A ready-made example (do not forget to change the wallet to yours!)
teamredminer.exe -a kawpow -o stratum+tcp://us.rvn.minermore.com:4501 -u RKAeArXkWLNERjWo5YF3R1xFnYCwKf11sX.trmtest -p x pause
This miner includes the following algorithms and their respective dev fees:
|Ethash on Polaris GPUs||0.75%|
|Ethash on all other GPUs||1.0%|
|Cryptonight v8 upx2||2.5%|
|Cryptonight v8 turtle||2.5%|
|Cryptonight v8 half||2.5%|
|Cryptonight v8 double||2.5%|
|Cryptonight v8 rwz||2.5%|
GPUs supported and tested:
- Navi — RX 5700(XT)/5600(XT)/5500(XT) for supported algos in the table below.
- Vega — RX Vega 64/56, Vega FE, Radeon VII (Vega 2)
- Polaris — RX 580/480/570/470/560/460/550
Some algorithms are not supported on some GPU architectures and/or drivers. Below is the compatiblity table:
|Cryptonight v8 upx2||N||L||L|
|Cryptonight v8 turtle||N||L||L|
|Cryptonight v8 half||N||L||L|
|Cryptonight v8 double||N||L||L|
|Cryptonight v8 rwz||N||L||L|
- Y = Supported
- N = Not supported
- L = Limited support: algos are supported on windows and linux with amdgpu-pro drivers, not supported on ROCm drivers.