This post is also available in: Русский
The latest version of XMRig 6.2.0 is already available for download for Windows and Linux (x64 bit) using the links below:
XMRig – A program for mining coins using the RandomX and CryptoNight algorithms. Suitable for both AMD and Nvidia graphics cards, as well as processors.
The program has a commission to the developer in the form of 1-5%. In this step-by-step instruction, we will tell you how to set up a commission and batch files for different coins.
What’s new in XMRig 6.2.0?
- Added new cn / ccx algorithm for Conceal.
- Fixed linker on Linux (marked the entire executable as having an executable stack).
- Fixed broken CryptoNight family of algorithms with gcc 10.1
- download the program
- unzip to any convenient place
- edit the .bat file with the desired coin (change the wallet to your own)…
The contents of the compiled miner are as follows:
Arguments for mining can be written both in the config.json file and in files with the .bat extension. The cryptocurrency mining process is launched by double-clicking on the batch file. For example, monero-supportxmr-CPU.bat will mine Monero on the processor.
Consider the setting in more detail.
Set up XMRig for Monero mining
To get coins using the randomx algorithm, we need to create or edit a finished batch file for the coin you need. These are the basic settings, which are enough for mining. Secondary settings will be considered later.
Decoding the contents of the batch file
- xmrig – this key will indicate which program will be launched. Leave as is. For Nvidia, specify xmrig-nvidia
- -a randomx – specify the algorithm. For Monero, leave this one. For coins on the cryptonight-lite algorithm, specify it
- -o pool.supportxmr.com – specify the address of your pool. In this example, we have supportxmr, because at the time of writing, he received the most positive reviews
- 5555 – after the pool address through a colon, indicate the port of the pool. dwarfpool has 8050
- -u 4ALcw9nTA … r34HNroSAZ – after the key -u we indicate the address of your digital wallet. Get it on the cryptocurrency exchange, or install a cold wallet
- –donate-level = 1 – set the miner commission. By default, it is 5%. level = 1 means 1%
You can add the “pause” key at the very bottom of the batch file, so that in the event of a program error or incorrect .bat file syntax, the program would not immediately close, but would display an error code and description on the screen
Examples of a .bat file:
- Example batch file for AMD:
:start xmrig -a randomx -o xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444 -u 44tLjmXrQNrWJ5NBsEj2R77ZBEgDa3fEe9GLpSf2FRmhexPvfYDUAB7EXX1Hdb3aMQ9FLqdJ56yaAhiXoRsceGJCRS3Jxkn.5d3c802ee0f8e12e4eb9792722b7816a42178aa29ef7477c138ddb940c55648d.rig1 -p x --donate-level=1 --opencl goto start
- An example of a batch file for Nvidia:
:start xmrig -a randomx -o pool.supportxmr.com:5555 -u 44tLjmXrQNrWJ5NBsEj2R77ZBEgDa3fEe9GLpSf2FRmhexPvfYDUAB7EXX1Hdb3aMQ9FLqdJ56yaAhiXoRsceGJCRS3Jxkn.5d3c802ee0f8e12e4eb9792722b7816a42178aa29ef7477c138ddb940c55648d.rig1 -p x --donate-level=1 --cuda goto start