Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange this Monday announced a massive delisting of trading pairs. A total of 46 pairs are subject to removal on March 6th. Reason: low liquidity.
“The removal of trading pairs is a common measure aimed at consolidating and increasing liquidity at Bitfinex, which will lead to an improvement in the trading experience for our users,” the company explains.
Delisting will primarily affect pairs with Ethereum, to a lesser extent with Bitcoin, and only two and one with DAI and the Japanese yen, respectively. This includes assets such as OKEx Token (OKB), Verge (XVG), Nucleus Vision (NCASH), Hydro Protocol (HOT), Medicalchain (MTN), OmiseGO (OMG), and 0x (ZRX). All of them will still be available for exchange on Bitfinex in other trading pairs.
Bitfinex recommends that users cancel active orders in the specified pairs before delisting. Otherwise, it will be done automatically.
According to CoinMarketCap, today Bitfinex supports nearly 400 pairs. The trading volume of the exchange over the past 24 hours amounted to $ 132 million.
Last week, the next wave of delisting was reported by Binance.
Recommended Related Articles:
- Cerberus, Hydra and Gustaff: new trojans steal data to access cryptocurrency exchanges and wallets
- llolMiner v0.9.8 – Download and Configure Nvidia / AMD miner for Windows
- The court allowed to continue the prosecution of Ripple due to a possible violation of securities laws
- Z-Enemy 2.4.0 (Updated stable version): Download NVIDIA GPU miner for Windows
- Vitalik Buterin criticized the adoption process of the ProgPoW update